You are hereGroups / John Deere / Restoring a 1959 John Deere 630

Restoring a 1959 John Deere 630

By bdubes - Posted on 22 November 2010

630 steamcleaned.jpgMy son Bryce and I left on a Saturday morning in October, 2010, at 2 am from Lenoir City, Tennessee. We drove our 2007 GMC Duramax and pulled a 14K goose-neck our friend Chad graciously loaned to us. The trip to Kalona, Iowa, was 1500 miles round-trip, and we returned on Sunday at 2:30 am. We Praise God for a safe trip! The 630 was even nicer than I had hoped it would be. It runs nicely and has no leaks (after we took EXCESS oil out of the crankcase and power steering). It had been repainted, but needs to be completely "taken down" to really "show her stuff". I immediately began searching the internet for parts that I wanted or needed to replace - to achieve that "good as new" look. I have purchased new: fenders & brackets, lights, seat cushions, gear shift knob, hydraulic grip, distrib cap, air stack bowl, fuel cap & grommet, sediment bowl, steering wheel & cap, radiator cap, hood medallion, muffler(to be ceramic-coated locally), grill screens, plug wires, battery box, acorn nuts, and a custom cover. I am still looking for an 801 3-point, a 3-piece front weight set, and will purchase 4 new tires. I have steam-cleaned the 630, sand-blasted the hoods, and have been wire-brushing the cast parts mostly down to bare metal before priming. The only mechanical repair needed is to remove and free up the brakes (tomorrow morning). Then I will spend many more hours scouring the rest of the 630 to make ready for priming. We plan to use 1-step JD Classic urethane on the tractor engine and chassis and 2-step urethane on the hoods, fenders, battery box, flywheel cover, and pulley cover. This project is big and long - just like eating an elephant: one bite at a time, and it will eventually be finished, IF I don't quit (and I would never).
630 steamcleaned.jpg
Hey! how's the restoration coming? Looking forward to some new snap shots when you get her all done. Donna
i just love the contemporary style of Stone Restoration. it gives the same old look.
We sometimes left behind those old things that we never thought we can use but because of your imaginative idea you are restoring this old tractor to a new one. Looking forward to see some of the snap shot of your newly restored tractor. - facebook fans buy
get facebook likes
Im impressed, I must say. Very rarely do I come across a blog thats both informative and entertaining, and let me tell you, youve hit the nail on the head. Your blog is important; the issue is something that not enough people are talking intelligently about. Im really happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this issue. cheap Instagram Likes
This one is a very good value for the price I paid. Lasts approximately 1,900 to 2,400 pages. My dog absolutely loves these!! He goes nuts any time I give him one and it keeps him distracted for hours. Hope this helps and Juice on! Omega 3 Xl Fish-oil Omega 3 Dosage For Child Great Camera, easy to use. I narrowed the new ones down to the medium. I would say it shaves about 97% as close as a regular lather & razor shave. Omega 3 Dosage For Child Omega3. More info Omega 3 Faydalari Nelerde Bulunur
The oven is Made in China, and we hope it holds up well to our usage. If you're going to want to use a standard razor in addition to the trimmer, wouldn't you have one already? And if so, wouldn't you prefer to use the standard Fusion razor handle, rather than this much bulkier trimmer that makes using the razor a bit clumsy? I tried shaving with the attached Fusion razor and felt like I was shaving wearing gloves, because the Cruzer's body is so much bigger. Doesn't have any power, with watch, cell batteries, was very disappointed. I purchased this machine after a recommendation from my sister who purchased it here also. Best Exercise Program For Insulin Resistance Perioperative Management Of Diabetes Mellitus I use it in combination with Joan Rivers great hair day. I strongly believe that this film will certainly garner an Oscar nomination for Philip Seymour Hoffman. Mainly stuck to the wall about 1/4 of the weigh down and Amazon says its too late for me to return it. Perioperative Management Of Diabetes Mellitus Salemfreemedclinic Diabetes. More info Healthy Snacks For Diabetes Type 1

Order the 2014 Iron Memories

John Deere

Group notifications

This group offers an RSS feed. Or subscribe to these personalized, sitewide feeds: